Edmund and Isobel Ryan Visual Arts Scholarship-painting (722200101714)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND
Edmund and Isobel Ryan Visual Arts Scholarship
The fund was established in 2002 by Isobel Ryan. Her late husband, Edmund, received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Ottawa in 1936. He appreciated what his education contributed to his life and the role his alma mater, the University of Ottawa, played. From 1960 to 1978, Mr. Ryan was Secretary of the Municipality of West-Hull, now Chelsea, in the province of Quebec. In 1936, Mrs. Ryan, originally from British Columbia, began her studies in art. The first year, she was registered at the Manchester School of Art in England and continued for three years at the Oakland School of Art in California.
PURPOSE OF THE FUND
To award a significant annual scholarship to a 4th year student working in Painting or Photography in the Bachelor of Fine Arts program at the Department of Visual Arts of the University of Ottawa.
The candidate must:
1. be registered full-time in the 4th year of the Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) program at the Department of Visual Arts, Faculty of Arts;
2. be nominated by Studio professors of the Department of Visual Arts;
3. demonstrate a real commitment to the medium of Painting or Photography;
4. maintain a CGPA of at least 7.0; and
5. be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
Value of the Award: Variable
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
No application is necessary. The scholarship is awarded automatically.