President's Scholarship for International Students (721130200841)
TERMS DE REFERENCE
President’s Scholarship for International Students
The President’s Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships offered by the University of Ottawa.
PURPOSE OF FUND
This scholarship aims to recognize a newly admitted international student whose work and commitment provide an exceptionally good reflection of the University of Ottawa's objectives.
To be eligible, you must:
1. be an international student;
2. hold a student visa;
3. be admitted to an undergraduate program;
4. be registered full-time in a direct-entry faculty or integrated program offered with a direct-entry faculty;
5. have a minimum admission average of 92%; and
6. show leadership qualities and commitment to academic and extracurricular activities.
This scholarship can be renewed for the three following years provided that you:
1. maintain full-time registration in a direct-entry faculty; and
2. have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 8.5 or higher at the end of each academic year.
This scholarship can be renewed at 50% of its annual value if the recipient has a CGPA between 8.0 and 8.4 at the end of their academic year. Furthermore, the scholarship can be renewed for the full amount in a subsequent year if the recipient’s CGPA increases to 8.5 or higher.
Temporary interruption of your studies or registration part-time or as a special student will lead to your scholarship being revoked for the rest of your studies.
Value of the award: $30,000 ($7,500 per year)
Number of awards: 1
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Renewable: Yes, if you meet the renewal criteria
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: April 30
In order to encourage the best students to apply, the University of Ottawa provides a one-time award of $1,500 to the 3 finalists finishing in the second, third and fourth place. This award may be combined with other admission scholarships.
This scholarship cannot be combined with a Chancellor's Scholarship for International Students or with the Faculty of Arts Dean's Merit Scholarship or the Merit Scholarship.
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, accessible through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca.