International Office Staff Scholarship (762200302668)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
International Office Staff Scholarship
The employees of the International Office value student mobility and wish to reward University of Ottawa students that act as ambassadors abroad.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide scholarships to the winners of the Student Exchange Abroad Video Challenge.
The candidate must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time student at the University of Ottawa;
3. complete and submit his/her outgoing exchange application before February 14th; and
4. be selected as a winner of the Student Exchange Abroad Video Challenge.
Value of the award: $500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate or graduate
No application is required. The scholarship is automatically awarded to the winners of the International Office’s Student Exchange Abroad Video Challenge, as determined by the selection committee for the Challenge.
1. Participants to the Challenge must submit a 1-to-3 minute video in English or French, based on the following themes:
o Why am I the best ambassador abroad for the University of Ottawa?
o What ideas do I have for promoting and representing uOttawa while on exchange?
2. The candidates are evaluated based on the following equally-weighted criteria:
o Language quality
o Motivation and enthusiasm
3. Videos can be submitted to outgoing@uOttawa.ca or in person at the International Office.