Eva Princz Memorial Travel Bursary (712200302620)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND
Eva Princz Memorial Travel Fund
This fund was set up in the memory of Eva Princz, a graduate student in the Biochemistry program at the University of Ottawa. Eva graduated with a B.Sc in physics from the University of British Columbia. Once her three daughters, Gyula, Katalina, and Juliska, were in school, Eva enrolled in the Biochemistry graduate program working under the supervision of Ian Smith at the National Research Council of Canada. Her project was focused on the use of magnetic resonance techniques for cancer diagnoses. Eva had a son, Daniel, partway through her graduate studies. Eva completed her M.Sc. degree in July, 1998. She died tragically in a car accident on July 15, 1989. Eva is remembered for her hard work, dedication to her family, and her wonderful, warm, and engaging personality. The endowment for the fund was established with contributions from the National Research Council, the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and fellow students and colleagues at both sites.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To support graduate student travel to scientific meetings. Any of the costs associated with attending a meeting can be applied for (travel, registration, meals and hotels). However, it is assumed that funds to cover some of the costs will be obtained elsewhere.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time student in the doctoral or masters program in Biochemistry at the University of Ottawa;
- be presenting at a scientific meeting; and
- have not previously received an award from this fund.
- Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
- Number of awards: Variable (depending on available funds)
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Graduate
- Application contact: Academic Administrator, Graduate studies, Faculty of Medicine
- Application deadline: October 31st
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- a proposed budget for the scientific meeting; and
- a letter from the applicant detailing his/her interest in the scientific meeting and his/her reasons for attending.