Audrey J. Boyce MD/PhD Fellowship (712240102715)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Audrey J. Boyce MD/PhD Fellowship
This fund was generously created through a bequest from Audrey J. Boyce. Ms. Boyce, known as "Audrey" to her friends, was a lifelong Ottawa resident. She was born December 30, 1920. In 1940, upon completing a secretarial course at Glebe Collegiate, she went to work for the federal government, in the Department of Agriculture. Around 1958, she moved from the Department of Agriculture to the Department of Justice, where she remained until her retirement at age 58. Giving a perpetual helping hand to students was a key intention of her bequest to the University, as she liked the idea of a "ripple effect" from helping multiple generations of students.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Financially assist students and their research in the MD/PhD Program at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- be registered as a full-time student in the MD/PhD Program at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Ottawa;
- be conducting research as part of his/her program; and
- have demonstrated great potential through his/her research.
Note: The recipient of the fellowship will have to submit a report on the research he/she has conducted during the academic year.
- Value of the award: Minimum $3,500
- Number of awards: Variable
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: MD/PhD
- Application contact: Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office, Faculty of Medicine
- Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- a brief summary of the research conducted by the applicant as part of his/her program; and
- a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor.