Gaston Héon Undergraduate History Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101171)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND ( OSOTF * )
Gaston Héon Undergraduate History Scholarships
This fund was established in 1998 in keeping with the will of the late Gaston Héon. Mr. Héon (1934-1993) took up his studies anew in 1991, registering for an honours degree in history at the University of Ottawa. He was awarded the degree posthumously in October 1998. An ardent defender of a balanced, humanist education, Mr. Héon donated a considerable amount to the University through his will for the creation of scholarships designed to meet the financial needs of deserving undergraduate history students. Since October 1998, the building at 157 Séraphin Marion Street, which housed the Department of History for many years, bears the name Gaston Héon House.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to deserving students registered in an undergraduate program at the Department of History.
The applicant must:
1. be registered full-time or part-time in an undergraduate program at the Department of History at the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. demonstrate academic excellence; and
5. demonstrate their involvement in their community or university life.
Value of the Award: Minimum $2,500
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca and should include the Financial Questionnaire.
* OSOTF : Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund