Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa Leadership Scholarship (722200102037)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND
Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize the special merit of undergraduate students who have demonstrated leadership qualities while contributing to the advancement of alumni or University activities in a volunteer capacity.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
2. have completed at least one full year of study at the University of Ottawa;
3. be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year;
4. demonstrate leadership through alumni, university or community activities outside of regular course work conducted by the candidate since their registration at the University of Ottawa; and
5. promote leadership activities that align with the goals, values and objectives of the Alumni Association and the University of Ottawa.
Value of the Award: Minimum $5,000
Number of Awards: Maximum 2
Frequency of the Award: Annual, non-renewable
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: February 28
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. a non-official copy of the applicant’s academic transcript;
2. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
3. two letters of recommendation: one from the academic field and one from the community; and
4. a 500-word essay from the applicant outlining how they have demonstrated leadership.