Saroj and Kishori Lal Family Scholarship (712240302631)
Saroj and Kishori Lal Family Scholarship
The Saroj and Kishori Lal Family Scholarship was established by the entire family: Kishori and Saroj Lal and their two daughters Dr. Shirin Lal and Mohina Lal. Dr. Shirin Lal is a graduate of the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Medicine (M.D. Class of 2002).
Mrs. Saroj Lal suffered from Alzheimer’s disease and as a result the family wishes to support Alzheimer’s Research by establishing a significant endowment fund that will help graduate students advance research in the area of memory cognition.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The purpose of this fund is to support students conducting research relating to memory cognition, including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time graduate student at the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate academic excellence; and
- conduct research relating to memory cognition, including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, at the University of Ottawa Brain and Mind Research Institute.
- Value of the award: Minimum $5,000
- Number of awards: Variable
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Graduate
- Application contact: uOttawa Brain and Mind Research Institute
- Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- a summary on the research planned; and
- a letter of support from the applicant’s research supervisor.