Petigorsky Family Scholarship (OTSS) (762220102087)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OTSS)
Petigorsky Family Scholarship
This fund was established in 2006 by Cecelia Tenenbaum, Estelle Gunner, and Mel Schecter in honour of the Petigorsky family, and its role in the Ottawa Jewish Community. Members of the Petigorsky family are proud to create this scholarship that supports the study of the impact of Jewish Canadians on the development of our country.
The donors thank the Government of Ontario which helped create this fund through its generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students in need who demonstrate a keen interest in Jewish Canadian Studies.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- be registered as a full-time or part-time student at the University of Ottawa, and have completed a minimum of two classes in the Vered Jewish Canadian Studies Program, with preference being given to students who have completed the Jewish Canadian Studies Option;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- demonstrate academic excellence.
Value of the Award: Minimum $2,000
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate and graduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
APPLICATION PROCEDUREApplications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript.
 OTSS: Ontario Trust Student Support
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program