Desgagné-Soden Family Scholarship (OTSS) (722220102185)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OTSS)
Jean Desgagné is Head, Global Enterprise Services for TMX, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Canadian Depository for Securities Limited (CDS), a member of TMX Group’s executive management committee, is an Officer of the Corporation and a graduate of the School of Management. Mr. Desgagné is responsible for the equities clearing and settlement business of TMX Group, including multiple subsidiaries of CDS.
Mr. Desgagné joined CDS in 2013 from TD Bank Group where he was Senior Vice President, Trading Risk Services, holding responsibility for the independent oversight of valuation, market risk, liquidity and collateral for TD’s global trading business. Prior to TD Bank, he held increasingly senior positions at some of Canada’s leading financial institutions including Bank of Montreal and Union Bank of Switzerland (Canada) in areas such as treasury operations, technology, trading support and risk management.
Mr. Desgagné is a Chartered Accountant. He currently serves on the Board of the Jean Tweed Centre, the Board of Governors of Junior Achievement of Central Ontario, and has been active in a number of other community organizations. He is a member of the President’s Advisory Council for the University of Ottawa and was awarded the Trudeau Medal by the Telfer School of Management and the Queen’s Jubilee Medal in 2002 in recognition of his community service.
The donor thanks the Government of Ontario which helped create this fund through its generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide financial assistance to female students who are registered in the third or fourth year of the Bachelor of Commerce (Finance option) program at the Telfer School of Management, who demonstrate a financial need and who are involved in finance-related activities.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be a female student registered full-time or part-time in the third of fourth year of the Bachelor of Commerce (Finance option) program at the Telfer School of Management;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- be involved in finance-related activities, including Telfer community life.
Value of the Award: Minimum $2,000
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries.