Faculty of Arts Scholarship for First Generation Students (722200102820)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Faculty of Arts Scholarship for
First Generation Students
This scholarship fund was generously created by an anonymous donor.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Financially assist first generation students (students who are the first in their family to attend postsecondary education) at the Faculty of Arts who are completing their 3rd or 4th year of study.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered as a full-time student to the 3rd or 4th year of an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. demonstrate academic excellence; and
5. be a first generation student whose parents have not participated in postsecondary studies.
Value of the award: $7,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a letter (max. 500 words) from the applicant explaining his/her status as a first generation student.