Black Students Law Scholarship (742200300738)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND
Black Students Law Scholarship
PURPOSE OF FUND
This fund has been established at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, to award a scholarship to a black student enrolled in the first year of the JD program at the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time student in the first year of the JD program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section;
2. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service; and
3. have made a contribution to issues of importance to Black Canadians aimed at the eradication of discrimination and the causes of discrimination in Canadian Society.
Value of the award: Minimum $500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries, detailing their community involvement, career achievements and objectives; and
3. a letter of recommendation addressed to the Chair of the Selection Committee confirming the applicant's community involvement or career achievements.