Portuguese Community of Canada Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101975)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND ( OSOTF * )
Portuguese Community of Canada Scholarship
An initiative of professors Victor Da Rosa and Carlos Gomes Da Silva, this fund was established in 2002 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the arrival of Portuguese immigrants in Canada, which was celebrated in 2003. The founders thank all donors for their generous donations and the Government of Ontario for its matching contribution.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The purpose of the fund is to provide financial assistance to deserving students registered in an undergraduate program at the University of Ottawa and who are involved in the Portuguese Community.
The applicant must:
1. be registered full-time in an undergraduate program at the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. have a strong academic record; and
5. demonstrate involvement in the Portuguese Community.
Value of the Award: Variable
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: September 30
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include the Financial Questionnaire
* OSOTF : Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund