Institute of Women's Studies Scholarship in International Development and Gender Issues (712200302262)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF FUND
Institute of Women’s Studies Scholarship in
International Development and Gender Issues
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide financial assistance to graduate students studying international development with a focus on gender issues, in order to fund research or thesis related field work.
The applicant must:
1. be registered full-time at the Master or PhD level, in the Faculty of Social Sciences or in the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa;
2. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
3. pursue a thesis, for which field work is required, on the subject of gender and international development.
Value of the Award: Minimum $500
Number of Awards: 1
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Graduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service.
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. an abstract from the thesis proposal (5-10 pages) demonstrating the focus on international development and gender issues.