Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) Ottawa Chapter Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101746)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA),
Ottawa Chapter Scholarship
The Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) protects the public interest by governing and regulating the professional practice of its more than 23,000 registered members. HRPA advances the professionalization of HR, and the acknowledgment of the profession as a key driver of organizational success, by:
- Ensuring competent and ethical HR practice;
- Creating compelling value propositions to attract all in HR to become members;
- Providing strong and respected designations based on a recognized body of knowledge; and
- Validating capability through rigorous examination and supervision of experience.
Established in 1993, the strong, vital Ottawa chapter of HRPA represents some 1500 members and students in the Ottawa area. The chapter aims to promote HR students and Association members, and increase their knowledge, skill, and proficiency. Through this scholarship endowment, the Ottawa chapter demonstrates its commitment to students who have chosen to study human resources and strengthens the Association’s commitment to ensuring the highest standards of professionalism as these students progress through their professional careers.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The purpose of the endowment is to provide financial assistance to students who have chosen to major in human resources in the BCom program at the Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa.
The endowment serves as an initial point of contact between the Association and students as they embark on their future careers and pathways to membership in the Association.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered full-time in the Bachelor of Commerce Option in Human Resource Management at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate an active interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources; and
- have volunteered or be volunteering in HR or broader community related activities, including the Telfer School of Management’s community life.
Value of the Award: $2,500 for first or second year students
$5,000 for third or fourth year students
Number of Awards: 2 (one to a first or second year student, and one to a third or fourth year student)
Frequency of the Award: When funds are available
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which should demonstrate work/volunteer experience, especially in HR related field or broader community related activities, including the Telfer School of Management’s community life;
- a letter from the applicant (max. 500 words) describing their active interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources; and
- the applicant’s HRPA membership number (if applicable).
 OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program