Science Students' Association's Most Improved Student Award (722200301681)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND
Science Students’ Association’s
Most Improved Student Award
The Science Students’ Association funds were established in 2003 by the Science Students’ Association in accordance with the results of its 2002 referendum, while Professor Christian Detellier was Dean of the Faculty of Science. These scholarships are to be made available for Faculty of Science undergraduate students. The fund for the Science Student’s Association’s Most Improved Student Award was endowed in 2010.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To award a scholarship to undergraduate students at the Faculty of Science who have demonstrated the highest level of improvement.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered full-time in the second, third or fourth year of an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
- be registered for the upcoming Fall term;
- have obtained the highest ‘improvement factor (I.F.)’, which will be measured as follows:
I.F. = most recent TGPA – (minus) TGPA of the first trimester of the first year of study (the TGPA of the summer term will not be considered, unless the applicant is a full-time student and demonstrates a continuous trend of improvement over the years); and
- be in good academic standing.
- Value of the award: Variable
- Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript.