Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Scholarship for University of Ottawa students (OSOTF) (762220101383)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS  )
Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Scholarship for University of Ottawa Students
This scholarship was established by the Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (CFHU). The creation of this fund further solidifies the partnership between the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the University of Ottawa, provides more opportunities for students to enhance their education abroad, and enriches university campuses by increasing the presence of more international students.
The donors thank the Government of Ontario and the University of Ottawa for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to undergraduate and graduate students registered at the University of Ottawa and who wish to take a portion of their accredited studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (or the Rothberg International School ), and whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Ottawa (preference will be given to undergraduate students);
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the
University of Ottawa;
4. be in good academic standing; and
5. if at the undergraduate level, be registered to all the required courses for their program at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Note: Upon completion of the course(s), the recipient will be asked to prepare a brief report for the donors, describing the objectives pursued and the knowledge acquired.
Value of the Award: Maximum $12,000 (undergraduate and graduate students)
Maximum $7,500 (one-term students)
Maximum $3,000 (summer course students)
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate and graduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: February 28
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. a letter addressed to the Selection Committee detailing the proposed study project, including intended length of stay at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem;
3. proof of submission for registration to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (electronic documents are accepted); and
4. a letter of permission from the applicant’s academic unit at the University of Ottawa.
Note: Should the recipient choose to not attend the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, they will have to return the scholarship funds.