Shelagh and David Williams Scholarship for Excellence in Voice Performance (722200302680)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Shelagh and David Williams Scholarship for
Excellence in Voice Performance
Dr. David and Mrs. Shelagh Williams wish to encourage a voice student to pursue his/her dreams of having a music career. The donors wish to recognize the vocal excellence of a voice student, allowing them to continue their education and to concentrate on their studies. The donors have had a lifelong interest in music and wish to help ensure that music will continue to be taught and performed at the University of Ottawa.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award a scholarship to an outstanding student in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year at the School of Music who has demonstrated excellence in vocal performance.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time student in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of the BMus program (vocal studies) at the School of Music;
3. have a CGPA of at least 8.0;
4. have received an A or an A+ for their end-of-year-recital or jury; and
5. in the opinion of the jury, have significant potential for a career in vocal performance.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
No application is necessary. The scholarship will be awarded automatically.