David M. Shillito Scholarship in Ophthalmology Research (712220102332)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS)
David M. Shillito Scholarship in Ophthalmology Research
This scholarship fund has been established by a patient of the University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Mr. David M. Shillito, who received incredible care from their medical staff. It is his wish that this scholarship help students pursuing ophthalmic research. It is the intent of this scholarship to foster a passion for research in diseases of the eye and visual system.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial support to a graduate student who has been confirmed in the Faculty of Medicine’s MSc or PhD program at the University of Ottawa and training at the Department of Ophthalmology or its Vision Research Program.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered full-time in a graduate program (MSc or PhD) at the Faculty of Medicine;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- participate in research in vision studies in conjunction with a member of the University of Ottawa, Department of Ophthalmology towards the MSc or PhD degree.
- Value of the award: Minimum $6,000
- Number of awards: One
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Graduate (MSc and PhD)
- Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
- Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- a short summary of the research conducted by the applicant; and
- a letter of support from the applicant’s research supervisor.
 OTSS: Ontario Trust Student Support
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program