Bernard and Valérie Marcil Scholarship (OTSS) (722220102237)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS  )
BERNARD AND VALÉRIE MARCIL SCHOLARSHIP
Bernard Marcil, CPA, FCA, a graduate of the School of Management’s Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.), is the co-founder of Marcil Lavallée, chartered accountants. His daughter, Valérie Marcil, CPA, CA, (B.Com. 1995) has been a partner at Marcil Lavallée since 2003. Valérie is a seasoned chartered professional accountant with over 15 years of experience serving clients in the healthcare, service, retail industry, education, and cooperative housing sectors. As part of her practice, Valérie has acquired extensive expertise with commercial, public, parapublic, not-for-profit, and charitable organizations.
Bernard and Valérie Marcil would like to thank the Government of Ontario for its generous matching contributions through its Ontario Trust for Student Support program.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide financial assistance to students registered in the Bachelor of Commerce, Option in Accounting at the University of Ottawa’s Telfer School of Management who demonstrate financial need.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
2. be registered as a full-time or part-time student in the 3rd or 4th year of study in the Bachelor of Commerce, Option in Accounting at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. take a minimum of 9 credits or 3 courses in French per semester.
Value of the award: Maximum $3,000
Number of awards: Minimum two
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca/, and should include the Financial Questionnaire.