Ann and Joan Denis Scholarship in Women’s Studies and Social Sciences (OSOTF) (722220100997)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
Ann and Joan Denis Scholarship in
Women’s Studies and Social Sciences
This fund was established by Ann Denis, during her tenure as Chair of the Department of Sociology and her mother, Joan Denis, a retired professional social worker.
In establishing the scholarship, the donors acknowledge the important contribution that both university education and feminism had made in their own lives, and more generally in the lives of Canadian women. They are also acknowledging the contribution that scholarships made during their own studies.
The donors wish to thank the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance in recognition of academic excellence to female students enrolled in a bachelor’s program in social sciences with a minor or a major in women’s studies and whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
- be a female student and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered full-time or part-time in a bachelor’s program in social sciences with a minor or a major in women’s studies (preference will be given to female students in sociology) at the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ottawa;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- have a CGPA of at least 7.0 (B+).
- Value of the award: Minimum $1,000; up to a maximum equivalent to tuition fees
- Number of awards: Variable
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate
- Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
- Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through uozone.uOttawa.ca, and should include the Financial Questionnaire.
 OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program