Law Society of Upper Canada Education Equity Bursary (742200100299)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
Law Society of Upper Canada Education Equity Bursary
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial support to students registered in the second or third year of the JD program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person of protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be a member of a visible minority, a member of the Indigenous community, a member of the LGBTQ community OR a student who has a physical, psychological or learning disability;
3. be enrolled in the second or third year of the JD Program;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. demonstrate academic achievements and a commitment to the community and university service.
Value of the award: $2,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries; and
3. a statement from the applicant who self-identifies as a member of a visible minority, a member of the Indigenous community or a member of the LGBTQ community OR proof of the applicant’s status as a student with a physical, psychological or learning disability.