Anderson Encouragement Bursary (762200302187)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
Anderson Encouragement Bursary
This bursary was initiated by Mr. and Mrs. Jay and Alana Anderson as a mean to provide financial assistance to single parents who wish to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies. The inspiration for this bursary was Alana’s mom, Linda Derouard, who struggled as a single mother of three to put herself through university and, in the process, demonstrated the value of education.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to a single parent studying in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Ottawa
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time or part-time student in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Ottawa;
2. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
3. be a single parent who has custody of a child.
Value of the Award: $500
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate or Graduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a document proving that dependant children are living full time with the applicant.