Jill Brown International Exchange Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101118)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
Jill Brown Scholarship
The Faculty of Administration (now the Telfer School of Management) created this fund with revenues from the 1996 Annual Golf Tournament, in memory of Jill Brown who passed away in 1995. With her husband Chuck, Mrs. Brown founded the first golf equipment store in 1969.
Exchange programs give students a unique chance to enhance their academic and professional training in a different environment, and at the same time discover another country and culture, as well as other customs.
The Telfer School of Management appreciates the matching contribution of the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario through its Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund program.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to help offset expenses for students of the Telfer School of Management participating in virtual activities as part of their program of study, such as a virtual academic exchange, internship or conference.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- be registered as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa;
- participate in an upcoming virtual activity as part of their program of study, such as (but not limited to) a virtual academic exchange, internship or conference; and
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa.
- Value of the award: Minimum $500
- Number of awards: Variable
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate
- Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
- Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- proof of participation in an upcoming virtual activity as part of their program of study, such as (but not limited to) a virtual academic exchange, internship or conference.
 OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program