Jill Brown International Exchange Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101118)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
The Faculty of Administration (now the Telfer School of Management) created this fund with revenues from the 1996 Annual Golf Tournament, in memory of Jill Brown who passed away in 1995. With her husband Chuck, Mrs. Brown founded the first golf equipment store in 1969.
Exchange programs give students a unique chance to enhance their academic and professional training in a different environment, and at the same time discover another country and culture, as well as other customs.
The Telfer School of Management appreciates the matching contribution of the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario through its Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund program.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to help offset travel expenses for students of the Telfer School of Management participating in international exchange programs.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- be registered as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa;
- participate in an international exchange during the next academic year (including the upcoming summer); and
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa.
Value of the award: Minimum $500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: March 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. proof of participation in an international exchange during the next academic year (including the upcoming summer)
In the case of multiple candidates meeting the base requirements, the selection committee will select the recipient based on the award policies and standard criteria used by the Telfer School of Management at the time of selection.
 OSOTF : Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP : Ontario Student Assistance Program