Science Students' Association'sFinancial Need Bursaries for Ontario Student Residents (OTSS) (722220101671)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN OTSS ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS)
Science Students’ Association’s Financial Need Bursaries
for Ontario Student Residents
The Science Students’ Association funds were established in 2003 by the Science Students’ Association in accordance with the results of its 2002 referendum, while Professor Christian Detellier was Dean of the Faculty of Science. These scholarships are to be made available for Faculty of Science undergraduate students. The fund for the Science Student’s Association’s Financial Need Bursaries for Ontario Student Residents was endowed in 2010.
The Science Students’ Association wishes to thank the Government of Ontario who helped create this fund through their generous matching contribution.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial support to deserving undergraduate students at the Faculty of Science.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered full-time in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
- be registered for the upcoming Fall term;
- meet the Ontario residency requirement, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- be in good academic standing.
- Value of the award: Variable
- Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 1st
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through uozone.uOttawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a non-official copy of the applicant's transcript.
 OTSS: Ontario Trust Student Support
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program