Edward and Olga Backhouse Entrance Scholarship (OSOTF) (741220101602)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND ( OSOTF * )
Edward and Olga Backhouse Entrance Scholarship
This fund was created by Martin Teplitsky and Nancy Backhouse to honour Edward and Olga Backhouse. The founders of this fund thank the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The goal is to bring financial support to students entering the first year English-language Program of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be admitted full-time in the first year of the English-language JD Program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. demonstrate academic excellence; and
5. demonstrate a record of interest in social justice issues.
Value of the Award: Minimum $2,500
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: JD
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a brief statement describing the applicant=s interest in social justice issues.
* OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program