Keller-Hobson Family JD Entrance Scholarship (OSOTF) (741220101786)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF  )
Keller-Hobson Family JD Entrance Scholarship
This scholarship was created by Doug and Kathleen Keller-Hobson, graduates of the Common Law Class of 1979, who practised business law in Toronto and London, England, in recognition of the excellent legal education they received at the University of Ottawa. The donors thank the Government of Ontario for its matching contributions during the initial establishment of this fund.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students entering the first year of the English JD Program at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, who demonstrate financial need and academic excellence.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen;
2. have received an offer of admission into the first year of the English JD program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
3. intend to enroll as a full-time student into the first year of the English JD program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
4. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
5. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service; and
6. demonstrate academic excellence.
Value of the award: $7,500 ($5,000 in first year, $2,500 in second year, provided the recipient meets the renewal criteria)
Number of awards: One new award per year
Frequency of the award: Annual
Renewable: Yes, for the second year of study (the recipient will be awarded $2,500 at the beginning of their second year, provided that he/she has completed the first year of the program with a CGPA of at least 7.2)
Level or program of study: JD
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include the Financial Questionnaire. In the case that multiple candidates meet the base requirements, the selection committee will decide upon the recipient based upon the award policies and standard criteria employed by the Common Law Section and the Financial Aid and Awards Service at the time of selection.