Waterloo Region Law Association - Catherine Malvern Entrance Scholarship (741200101803)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
Waterloo Region Law Association – Catherine Malvern Entrance Scholarship
The Waterloo Region Law Association – Catherine Malvern Entrance Scholarship was established in 2005 to support deserving students whose education would otherwise be compromised.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To award an entrance scholarship to an outstanding student admitted to the first year at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section in either the French or the English JD program.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be admitted and registered full-time or part-time to the first year of the French or English JD program;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. demonstrate academic excellence; and
5. demonstrate past or presents acts of volunteerism.
Note : Preference will be given to students with a connection to the regional municipalities of Kitchener, Waterloo or Cambridge.
Value of the award: $2,150
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid Administrator, Common Law Section
Application deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through www.uozone.uOttawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries; and
3. a letter from the applicant detailing his/her connection to the Regional Municipality of Kitchener, Waterloo or Cambridge (optional).