Bouchard-Phillips Admission Scholarship (722200302754)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
Bouchard-Phillips Admission Scholarship
The scholarship was generously created by Gabriel Bouchard-Phillips, an alumnus of the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa (BComm. Finance and Accounting Options 2005).
As a student at the Telfer School of Management, Gabriel was actively involved in a number of Clubs and Associations including the Jeux du Commerce 2003-2005 (member of the winning Stock Simulation and Strategy Case teams in 2004 and 2005); the Entrepreneurs’ Club (President 2004-2005) and the Ottawa Student Investment Club (OSIC). The life-experiences and friendships made through his involvement were instrumental in his academic and professional development after graduation.
One of the objectives of this scholarship is to encourage students to become involved either within the Telfer School of Management or within their own Community.
Gabriel Bouchard-Phillips understands the value of postsecondary education and strongly believes in providing the resources and tools to help students achieve their goals.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award a scholarship to an undergraduate student newly admitted to the Telfer School of Management.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be admitted as a full-time student to an undergraduate program at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- demonstrate community involvement
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: March 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries.