Stefan Trynda Memorial Scholarship (722200301590)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Stefan Trynda Memorial Scholarship
The fund was initiated in 2002 by the Science Students’ Association and the Faculty of Science in memory of Stefan Trynda whose life was taken in a car accident on February 24, 2001. At the age of 19, Stefan was an aspiring doctor, a brilliant student and a good friend to many. Stefan graduated from Notre Dame High School in 2000 with an average in the high 90s and was a first year Faculty of Science student. Upon finishing his undergraduate studies at the University of Ottawa, he was determined to study medicine to become an optometrist. In his leisure time, he played classical music on the violin, an instrument he began playing at the age of 10.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide a scholarship to deserving students registered full-time in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa and who have the intention of pursuing medical studies.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
3. be registered to the upcoming Fall term;
4. demonstrate academic excellence; and
5. have the intention of pursuing medical studies.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
2. a letter from the applicant stating their intention of pursuing medical studies after completing their bachelor degree in Science.