Lindsay Tam Memorial Scholarship (742200302436)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Lindsay Tam Memorial Scholarship
Lindsay Tam was a Common Law Section student who pursued her passion for social justice and equality while battling pancreatic cancer. Lindsay exemplified courage and the possibility of following dreams, regardless of what obstacles may appear. Her determination to make the world a better place by always extending help to others in their time of needs was inspirational.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The Lindsay Tam Memorial Scholarship was established to honour Lindsay and the causes she advocated. This scholarship will be awarded to a student who shares Lindsay’s commitment to legal education, social justice, and perseverance.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time or part-time student in the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
4. be a member of an organization/committee focused on social justice or enrolled in a social justice course.
Value of the award: $1,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: JD
Application contact: Financial Aid Administrator, Common Law Section
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through www.uozone.uOttawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
3. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries