BRAR Memorial Scholarship (722200300837)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
TITLE OF ANNUAL FUND
Brar Memorial Scholarship
The Brar Memorial Scholarship has been created by Teresa Branch-Smith in honor of her friends, Manmeet and Dildeep Brar, two former students of the Faculty of Science at the University of Ottawa.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To offer financial assistance to students who have or have had to overcome a difficult challenge, such as the death or the serious diagnosis of a loved one or close friend.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time student in a undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science from the University of Ottawa;
- be registered for the upcoming Fall term;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- submit a letter (min. 250 words) detailing how his/her life has changed by such circumstances and if his/her future academic intentions have been altered.
Note: The applicant may submit a request for anonymity. The name of the recipient will be recorded in the Financial Aid and Awards Service’s system, but it will not be announced publicly by the University of Ottawa.
Value of the award: Between $500 and $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Science Students’ Association
Application deadline: May 1
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include :
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
- a letter (min. 250 words) detailing how the applicant’s life has changed by such circumstances and if his/her future academic intentions have been altered.