Bertha Wilson Scholarship (741200301078)
Bertha Wilson Scholarship
This endowment fund was established at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, in honour of the Honourable Bertha Wilson in recognition of her contribution to women and women's issues.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide a scholarship to a student entering the first year of the JD program at the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
1. be admitted and registered full-time in the first year of the JD program;
2. demonstrate financial need, as determined by Financial Aid and Awards Service; and
3. have contributed to the eradication of discrimination or inequality in Canadian society, or be involved in the promotion of women’s issues.
Value of the Award: Minimum $500
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca/, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. a copy of the applicant’s résumé detailing community involvement, academic record and career achievements and objectives. Special mention should be made of cultural, social or political contributions to women or women's issues, or cultural, social and political contributions to eradicating discrimination or inequality in Canadian society; and
3. a letter of recommendation confirming the applicant's community involvement or career achievements.