Annemarie Desloges Scholarship (722200302679)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Annemarie Desloges Scholarship
This scholarship was created to celebrate and honour the memory of Annemarie Desloges, a Canadian diplomat who was brutally assassinated on September 21, 2013 in a terrorist attack in Nairobi, Kenya. She was 29 years old and an employee of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, on secondment to Canada Border Services. Annemarie would have given the shirt off her back for others. It’s fitting that she can continue to help people.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Support an undergraduate student in financial need at the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time student in the first, second or third year of an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- explain his/her aspirations and motivations for undertaking university studies.
Value of the award: $2,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a letter from the applicant (max. 500 words) explaining his/her aspirations and motivations for undertaking university studies.