André Lapierre Scholarship (712240300886)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
This fund was generously created by Dr. André Lapierre, a professor at the Department of Linguistics.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award a scholarship to a deserving student in a master’s or doctoral program at the Faculty of Arts who demonstrates interest in the official languages of Canada or the French fact in America.
The scholarship will preferably be awarded to a student in the master’s or doctoral program in Linguistics who specializes in sociolinguistics and who is writing a thesis or research paper on Canada’s official languages, preferably the French language.
The applicant must:
- be registered in a master’s or doctoral program at the Faculty of Arts;
- write a thesis or research paper on the official languages of Canada or the French fact in America; and
- have a minimum average of A-.
Value of the award: $2,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Master’s or doctoral
Application contact: Department of Linguistics
Application deadline: February 28
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- a copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
- a short description (max. 250 words) of the applicant’s thesis or research paper project.