Allard-Henry Scholarship (OSOTF) (722221101215)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OSOTF  )
Céline M.T. Allard (BA ‘78, LLB ‘84, MA ‘84) and Arlette Henry (BA ‘75, CERT ADM ‘83) established this fund. The scholarship is designed to help a student group that has access to few academic awards.
The donors thank the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario who helped create this fund through their generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial aid to Franco-Ontarian women registered in second or third year of a bachelor’s program at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
1. be registered full-time or part-time in the second or third year of a bachelor’s program at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa;
2. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
5. be registered in a program in French at the University of Ottawa; and
6. be in very good academic standing
Note: All qualifications being equal, preference is given to single mothers.
Value of the Award: Between $500 and $1,000
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a proof of the applicant’s status as a single mother, if applicable (optional supporting document)