Science Students' Association Alexandre Sabourin Scholarship for the Arts and the Community (722200301678)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
TITLE OF ANNUAL FUND
Alexandre Sabourin Scholarship for the Arts and the Community
A Science students’ association scholarship
These funds were established in 2003 by the Science Students’ Association in accordance with the results of its 2002 referendum. These scholarships are to be made available for Faculty of Science undergraduate students.
Alexandre Sabourin studied in Geology at the Faculty of Science at the University of Ottawa. He was registered in his first year of studies. In September 2003, Alexandre passed away from a pulmonary embolism, leaving with his family and friends, the memory of a warm and caring heart devoted to others. Alexandre had a passion for drama, especially in improvisation with the LIEU. Throughout his studies in Hawkesbury, Alexandre was involved in scouting, through which he developed a love for nature and camping. Alexandre wanted to become a geologist or teacher. The memory of Alexandre will forever remain in the hearts of all those who knew him.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To award scholarships to deserving Faculty of Science students.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered full-time in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
- be registered for the upcoming Fall term;
- demonstrate excellence in artistic endeavours and involvement in the community; and
- be in good academic standing.
Value of the award: Minimum $500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- a letter from the applicant (min. 250 words) of how the applicant’s excellence in artistic endeavours has made an impact on their community;
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
- references for verification of the specific examples used in responses.
Note: Arts forms may include visual art, writing, music, drama, dance and/or other
ventures deemed artistic by the Selection Committee.