Stephen D. Latté Award for Research Excellence (712200305164)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON ENDOWED FUND
Stephen D. Latté Award for Research Excellence
The Stephen D. Latté Award for Research Excellence was established in 2004 to recognize excellence in health sciences research at the graduate level. Stephen D. Latté was a lawyer in private practice in Ottawa for 16 years. He specialized in family law and civil litigation, with expertise in mediation and alternative dispute resolution. He took a lead role in mentoring new lawyers and held a strong commitment to continuing education as a tool for achieving excellence.
PURPOSE OF FUND
This award is given to a doctoral student in nursing or population health for research excellence and innovation.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time or part-time student in the Nursing PhD or Population Health PhD program at the Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Ottawa; and
3. demonstrate research excellence and innovation through the publication of a research article in a peer-reviewed journal.
- At the time of the award, the article must be either “in press” or have been published in the previous 12 months.
- The applicant must be the first author on the article.
- The focus of the article must be community health, public health or population health.
- Published protocols for a study or systemic review are eligible.
Value of the award: $500
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Doctoral
Application contact: Faculty of Health Sciences
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- The “in press” or published research article; and
- a letter of reference from the supervising professor; and
- proof that the applicant's research article has been or will be published.