Lalitha Sundaram Malhotra Memorial Scholarship (742200305131)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Lalitha Sundaram Malhotra Memorial Scholarship
This fund was generously created by the Malhotra Family in memory of Lalitha Sundaram Malhotra.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to undergraduate students registered at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section at the University of Ottawa who have a physical, psychological or learning disability.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time undergraduate student (or have full-time equivalent status) at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
- be in good academic standing;
- be a student who has a physical, psychological or learning disability; and
- demonstrate a commitment to disability rights.
- Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
- Number of awards: Variable
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate
- Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
- Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
an attestation of disability status from a doctor or a health professional; and
- a letter from the applicant (max. 500 word) detailing his/her commitment to disability rights.