Angela Mattiacci Fellowship (712200305114)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
ANGELA MATTIACCI FELLOWSHIP
Dr. Angela Mattiacci was a highly-respected professional and internationally-recognized specialist in the use of information technologies for the study of Canada. As a generous, passionate, and devoted member of the Institute of Canadian Studies team at the University of Ottawa, Angela inspired all with whom she came into contact including students, professors, visiting scholars and members of the larger community.
As Coordinator of Information Technologies at the Institute, Angela played a critical role in its growth and development. Tragically, she passed away on June 12, 2003. The University of Ottawa was honoured to recognize and celebrate Angela by creating a commemorative fellowship in her memory and a generous gift from the Mattiacci family provided the initial endowment in support of the Angela Mattiacci Fellowship.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The Angela Mattiacci Fellowship will provide one year of financial support to an advanced doctoral student to enable the completion of a thesis in Canadian Studies.
The applicant must:
- be registered as an advanced doctoral student in the Institute of Canadian and Aboriginal Studies at the Faculty of Arts at the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service; and
- demonstrate academic excellence.
Value of the Award: Variable
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Ph.D
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- an application letter outlining the research project/thesis proposal; and
- a letter of recommendation from the thesis advisor.